Gifting life insurance
A gift of life insurance is an affordable way to make a major donation while also providing significant tax benefits to the donor. This type of gift is suitable for anyone wishing to obtain a life insurance policy or who already has one. A life insurance gift becomes relevant when the policy expires, or when it is no longer needed to ensure the financial security of the policy holder’s loved ones.
Why gift life insurance to Oxfam-Québec?
- Gain significant tax benefits for yourself or your heirs.
- It’s an efficient way to contribute to reducing global inequality.
- Become a member of Oxfam-Québec.
What kind of gift of life insurance should I choose?
There are three ways to gift life insurance:
- You can designate Oxfam-Québec as the beneficiary of an existing policy
- You can take out a new policy on behalf of Oxfam-Québec
- You can transfer ownership of an existing policy to Oxfam-Québec
Refer to a certified person (notary or financial planner) to ensure your interests and those of your loved ones are protected. You can also obtain clear and unbiased information by reaching out to the following bodies:
To go further
Discover projects that change the world
Donate stock market shares
Make now a donation by will