Organize a matched donation
Sometimes, an organization will make a donation that equals or exceeds a gift made by its staff. This is known as “matching” a gift. Matching increases the value of a gift, with no additional cost to the company’s employees. It also allows organizations to support social causes while also gaining tax benefits.
Why match a gift to Oxfam-Québec?
- Both the organization and its staff will gain tax benefits
- Gift-matching by an organization strengthens its members’ sense of ownership and rallies them around common values such as reducing global inequality and combating poverty
- The donating employees, and the business that matches this gift, are supporting each other in expressing their solidarity and encouraging each other to persevere
How to match a gift to Oxfam-Québec
- Ask my company’s Human Resources department whether this kind of gift matching program already exists.
- Complete the participation form obtained from Human Resources.
- Send the form to Oxfam-Québec, along with your donation.
Where can I learn more about gift matching?
For more information on gift matching, you can contact Oxfam-Québec directly: