Transferring stock shares
Stock share donations are especially beneficial when their value has spiked significantly on the market. Like all securities donations,A security is a category of financial securities which notably includes stocks and bonds stock share donations are especially suitable for people wishing to make a major gift without drawing on their cash reserves.
Why donate stock shares to Oxfam-Québec?
- I don’t pay capital gains tax when I transfer stock shares to a charitable organization like Oxfam-Québec.
- I’m eligible for attractive tax credits
- I don’t have to handle the sale of my stock shares. By transferring my securities to Oxfam-Québec, the organization will be responsible for this sale.
- I’m efficiently contributing to reducing global inequality.
- I want to become an Oxfam-Québec member to help guide the organization’s main directives.
How to donate stock shares to Oxfam-Québec?
- Complete this downloadable form and send it to Oxfam-Québec.
- Once the shares have been transferred, Oxfam-Québec will handle their sale (usually on the same day).
- Oxfam-Québec will issue a tax receipt equivalent to the market value of the transferred shares.
To learn more about stock share donations
You can communicate directly with Oxfam-Québec:
By mail addressed to:
Service aux membres d’Oxfam-Québec
2330, rue Notre-Dame Ouest
Montréal (Québec) H3J 2Y2
To go further
Discover projects that change the world
Donate by will
Donate by life insurance